Wednesday, August 4, 2010

This little house of mine....

As most of you know, Jeff and I just purchased our first casa and let's just say the money draining has begun! Albeit, most of this is self-inflicted due to my new obsession with etsy.com, HGTV and apartment therapy. I wanted to share some of our latest conquests from antiquing off Irving Blvd, Target and the inner webs.

The previous owner did some stellar structural work, revamping the kitchen and bathrooms, but he celebrated these remodels with random, neon paint! Vibrant orange to lime green and everything in between!

Our first "upgrades" will be to repaint with some muted tones, so the living room is going GRAY! I think the dark shade will look nice with the light, birch hardwoods and white woodworking.

Sample color for the walls, but with a lighter ceiling:




I've purchased a deep green rug from Target and some handmade pillow covers from Etsy that will (hopefully) tie the room together.

Some serious scouting for a large vintage mirror turned up empty, but I'm hoping for something like this, do you like it? Or better yet, do you know where I can buy it!



Since I know my honey bear is busy (read: doesn't bother to read my rants), I'm also including this cool retro clock I'm gifting him as a housewarming.



Anyone have any other inspirational sites they'd recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment