Monday, October 4, 2010

Sweet and Spicy Soba Chicken

In attempt to be somewhat healthy, we're aiming to cook more. What is "more" you ask? Simply one time a week. Yep. I said one. There are so many wonderful things Jeff and I share in our relationship; however, cooking is def not one of them.

So I'm going to share this recipe and hope you might try it... if so let me know what you thought about it and if you modified it.

Ingredients
12 ounces soba noodles
5 jalapenos
1/3 cup honey
3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 to 3 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 rotisserie chicken, shredded or sliced
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
A few stalks of green onion


Directions
Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

In a food processor, combine jalapenos, honey, cilantro, salt and black pepper and puree until smooth. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water to the mixture until desired consistency is achieved. Pour the 2 teaspoons of olive oil into a preheated skillet. Add the shredded chicken and the blended sauce and cook until heated through.

In a medium bowl, combine cooked soba noodles, soy sauce, sesame oil and onion. Toss and then transfer to serving bowl. Pour heated chicken and sauce over noodles.

Things I'd mix in if I were doing it again
I think this would be great with a little more heat first of all. I also think some mushrooms and/or spinach would be delicious and a nice way to get some extra nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment